At RGV Smiles our McAllen dentists offer “Texas White Smile,” a whitening procedure that takes only 15 minutes. Teeth whitening procedures can be performed to repair or renew stained, dull, or discolored teeth that can be caused by aging, soda, coffee, tea, wine and tobacco products.
Here are some FAQs and answers that will help you understand why teeth whitening is the most requested cosmetic dental procedure:
- Is teeth whitening safe? Yes, whitening is safe. Studies have shown that hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide based whitening systems are safe and effective.
- How long will the results of the whitening last? Individual results vary, but the average is one year.
- Are there any side effects that can be expected after teeth whitening? There are very few side effects to teeth whitening procedures. However, a small percentage of patients may experience some sensitivity during the procedure.
- Will fillings or crowns be effected by the whitening process? Fillings and crowns will not be affected in any way by the teeth whitening procedure. However, these materials will not whiten in any type of bleaching procedure.
- Is whitening for everyone? Women who are pregnant or nursing, or children under the age of 14, and diabetics should speak with their primary physician before undergoing a teeth whitening procedure. Patients with severely stained teeth are encouraged to consider a more aggressive procedure such as bonding or veneers.
For more information or to speak to an experienced staff member at RGV Smiles about whitening options, contact RGV Smiles at 956-661-0900.