At RGV Smiles our orthodontists focus on aligning teeth and jaws to improve facial structures, overall oral health and smiles. Orthodontic patients can be any age, it is never too late to get a perfect smile. Braces are usually worn between the ages of 10 and 14, during the period of development when the head and mouth are still growing and teeth are easier to straighten. However, many adults also wear braces to correct minor problems and to improve their smiles.
For more information on our orthodontic treatment services call RGV Smiles at 956-283-7919.
Treatment & Procedures
Orthodontic treatment can help repair and improve various oral issues in ways that:
- Guide permanent teeth into the proper position
- Improve lip closure
- Reserve or gain space for erupting permanent teeth
- Reduce the potential for jaw joint damage
- Influence proper width of dental arches
- Improve eruption patterns
- Lower the risk of damage to protruding upper teeth
- Shorten treatment time for later corrective orthodontic procedures
- Improve some types of speech problems
At RGV Smiles, our orthodontists follow a set of procedures that will help them decide what is best for your oral needs. They will take the time to discuss your options and answer all of your questions along the way. The procedure for braces is as follows:
- An initial oral examination will be conducted and treatment recommendations will be made
- A plaster cast of an individual's teeth will be created
- X-rays of the head and mouth will be performed
- Once braces are placed they will need to be adjusted regularly
- After braces are removed, retainers will be used to ensure that teeth remain in the same position
For more information on our orthodontic process and services, contact our orthodontists at RGV Smiles at 956-283-7919.